- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Texas Tech University, 1977
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Texas Tech University, 1975
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, National Cheng-Kung University, Taiwan, ROC, 1971
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
Dr. Leonard J. Tung (M'79-SM'95) was born in China. He received the B.S.E.E. degree from National Cheng-Kung University, Taiwan, ROC in 1971and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from Texas Tech University, Lubbock, in 1975 and 1977, respectively.
He moved to Florida State University in August 1984. He was at Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA, from 1979-1983. He was at University of El Paso, TX, from 1978-1979. His research interests include Intelligent Transportation Systems and Circuits & Systems.
Dr. Tung was the Interim Chair of ECE from 2004-2006, an Associate Chair of ECE from 1999-2004 and from 1989-1993.
- Cai, Z., Yu, M., & Tung, L. J. (2013). "Packet level modeling and evaluation of an improved real-time Ethernet protocol for smart grids". In IEEE ICNSC, April 2013, Paris, France. IEEE.
- Fan, H., Dong, Y., Yu, M., & Tung, L. J. (2013). "Security threats against the communication networks for traffic control systems". In IEEE SMC, 2013, Manchester, UK. IEEE.
- Yu, M., Cai, Z., & Tung, L. (2012). "A secure architecture for traffic control systems with SDLC protocols". In 2012 IEEE International Conference on SMC (pp. 2161-2166). IEEE.
- Yu, M., Ma, X., Su, W., & Tung, L. (2012). "A new joint strategy of radio channel allocation and power control for wireless mesh networks". Elsevier, 35 (2), 196 - 206.