- PDF, University of California, Berkeley & Berkeley National Lab, 2014
- Staff Scientist, California Institute of Technology & Joint Center for Artificial Photosynthesis, 2013
- Ph.D., California Institute of Technology, 2012
- M.S., California Institute of Technology, 2010
- B.S., Tec de Monterrey (ITESM), 2008. University of California, Los Angeles, 2006-2008
Our research philosophy focus on attacking problems in engineering and pure sciences and developing methods needed to solve them, not the other way around. These problems are studied by developing or using established methods related to: Multiscale – Multiparadigm simulations (from atoms to continuum), Quantum Mechanics (DFT, MP, CCSD), Atomistic Simulations (MD, Force Field development, ReaxFF, Coarse grained FF), Statistical Mechanics (Soft matter), Computational Engineering (Chemical and Mechanical Eng., and Materials) and Machine Learning (Big Data). Thus, we borrow many techniques and approaches from diverse areas including chemical and mechanical engineering, material sciences, chemistry, physics, mathematics & computer science.
Some of the applications our methodologies and research programs offers are:
- Renewable Energy (Solar, Chemical, Electrical)
- Energy Storage (Batteries, Fuel Cells, Artificial Photosynthesis)
- Materials Design (Polymers, Membranes, PV, devices)
- Biomaterials (biocompatible and Biomimetic)
- Catalysis (organometallics, homogeneous and heterogeneous)
- Electrochemistry (new materials and interfaces)
- Crystallization Mechanisms (pharmaceuticals, high energy molecules)
- Nanotechnology (Nanocrystals, Nanoparticles, Single Molecule Electronics)
- Processes (Separation, devices)
Our work has been cited more than 2,100 according to Google Scholar (Aug, 2014). You can learn more about Prof. Mendoza-Cortes and his group by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.orgJose Mendoza-Cortes or visiting his website.
- Currently, we are looking for enthusiastic students at all levels (undergraduate, master and graduate) to join our research endeavors as well as postdoctoral scholars.